Monday, May 19, 2008

Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Self control!


We are counting down to Tessa's graduation. June 5Th. The Webb's from Corpus Christi will be coming up on the 4Th for the big event. We will have fun and eat too much!. Tessa and I were trying to think of somethings we could do while they are here that would be fun. Pretty much anything at the lake or outdoors is out. We were thinking maybe we would take everyone to the Beltonian to see a movie. I guess it depends on what is showing, and of course there will be the Salado shopping excursion. Always fun but I never buy anything. I think by the time I look at all the stores I am so overwhelmed that I can't bring myself to make a decision on anyone item. Also pretty much everything in Salado would be considered a want not a need and I just can't justify spending the money. I am probably not much fun to shop with! But I do love to look and eating lunch out is always a plus!!!

Last week I went to the gym everyday but one. This week my goal is to go everyday and eat low carbs as well. I have such a hard time working out and eating right. I get so hungry. I really hate being hungry! What a shocker! Right!

Church was good yesterday. The sermon was on persecution. It was very current to today's headlines and very convicting. Being persecuted is not what most of us look forward to or even what to think about, but the fact of the matter is this. - If you are a bible believing, born again Christian, that is actively seeking God. You will at some point on some level face persecution. The bible is very clear on this subject in John 16.

I had a conversation last night with my mother-in-law. We were talking about the senior citizens at their church. She was mentioning how grippy and difficult so many of them are and how they always want their own way. This made me really stop and think.

1. If you are a Christian and the purpose of your life is to become more Christlike with time, from actively seeking Christ in bible study, prayer, etc.

2. Wouldn't it stand to reason that by the time you become a senior citizen that instead of becoming grippy and grumpy and difficult. You honestly should be showing more fruit of the spirit than ever before?

This made me stop and ask myself a few questions! As a person in my almost mid 40's are there areas of my personality that are grippy, grumpy and difficult. Of course according to my teenage children - Yes - there are many!

Well I guess I will not only be hitting the gym, but I will be hitting the floor with my knee's!

1 comment: