Thursday, August 28, 2008

Projects! Projects! Projects!

Megaphone yard signs to finish lettering.

Here is a picture of the pumpkins I painted last year. I have a whole stack of them, that I need to paint for this year. Anybody want some? They are for sale.


Well it's that time of year! I am getting in the mood for fall! Terra started classes yesterday. Toby is on his 4th day of classes. He had to have his schedule all changed around so it feels like only his 2nd day. I think we are off to a good start!Travis is doing well in California. He is supposed to be getting me his address so as soon as I receive it I will pass it along! I took Tessa to get her drivers license on Tuesday. She is supposed to be buying her first car. I haven't heard from her since, so who knows? Remember to pray for her. If anyone needs her cell number, call me and I will be happy to pass that along.

Yesterday was the first Tune Up of the year. I think it went well. When it first started it was a bible study with business people in mind, an outreach opportunity to invite coworkers to bible study/lunch for 1 hour. We still have a few business people that come but the majority of the attendees are retired. They are a great group of people. Last night was our annual S.S. kickoff rally. I think we ended up serving around 90-100 people. It was a good turnout. For Tune Up I cooked Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas with green beans, salad, and brownies for desert. For the rally I made baked spaghetti, garlic bread, green beans, salad and chocolate or vanilla cake. Then after the meeting we had meetings. I was a zombie in our meeting! I am really going to have to pray about my attitude. Last night after dinner I was pretty whipped. I was telling Mike that I am kind of sick of food. Unfortunately cooking for large groups not eating.

Mike and I are going to start helping in the college dept at church. I am really looking forward to it. We are going to have a home group bible study here once a week starting next month. Please pray for us. I am always so afraid no one is going to choose to come to our group! I guess I will just have to make lots of brownies! Just a little bribe!

Well it is four months till the wedding!!! I have got to get busy. I am starting to panic.

I have 10 cheerleader signs, 1 tiger paw mascot sign, 1 eyebrow window cover to paint and finish detailing. I have a stack of pumpkins to paint (pictured above!)and about 300 wedding invitations to make and my Mom asked me if I wanted to have a table at a craft fair her church is having in November. I want to do it, they are only charging $25.00 per table. I am so excited! I saw a picture of the cutest advent calendars, (Christmas count down) made out of cookie sheets, magnets and assorted scrap booking stuff! I have already picked up the cookie sheets at the dollar store! I have so many ideas and so little time!




No comments: