Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Nashville or Bust!

We splurged and had lunch at P.F. Chang's. I could eat there everyday!

Mike's dad, T.O. made Terra and Andrew this stained glass lamp for a wedding gift. The picture doesn't really do it justice. It's really pretty at night.

Terra and Andrew at the FAT STRAW. This a interesting place to get a smoothie or some kind of green or black tea. In all of their drinks they have tapioca pearls that they put in the bottom of the cup. The pearls are about the size of large peas and they are black and they are very slippery. Kind of like a wet gummy bear (or snot) sorry, it's the truth!. So when you get your drink it has this very large, wide straw so that as you are drinking your smoothie or whatever, you suck up these pearls. It is quite a unique experience. The pearls really don't have a flavor they just taste like the drink you ordered. I will tell you this, it is all about a texture thang. I am really not sure I was sold on it. I am also surprised Terra likes it as much as she does. She will not eat any kind hamburger meat because of the texture. I think Toby and Andrew liked it because they figured out that the straws were perfect to be used as air guns and well lets just say the pearls were the perfect spit wad. So all in all it was fun!
This is the Nashville Skyline, Andrew's backside and Toby, not sure what he was thinking about!
I just realized that every picture I have of Andrew is of his back!


Mike relaxing on Terra's new furniture. Thanks Nita!! Terra has some good pictures of her new apartment on her blog. Check it out www.terrastune.blogspot.com

This is the front of the house where Terra is living in the basement apartment.

As I was loading pictures of our Nashville trip onto my computer I realized that I didn't take very many and I missed shots of all the good stuff! What was I thinking. We had a good time. I NEVER get to stay as long as I would like. Every time I leave, there are about 10 places that I still want to go and see. I guess that means I will just have to go back and see more another time! I would love to take a Girls Road Trip! All shopping, no ESPN! eating at all the cool little girly places. Getting to stop and look at some Antique stores along the way. I will probably have to wait until everyone I know is retired before this happens! Oh Well! Something to look forward to. Who's IN??????

1 comment:

619 Barnett Blvd. said...

I' ll go with you!! Mom and I found some great places, and would love a reason to go back!!!! Now only if the "MEN" will let us :)

BTW- the blog looks soooo cute!!!