Friday, April 11, 2008

Well, I think we have finally finished the kitchen project. Mike and I both have reached the end of our rope! We stripped, sanded, stained, polyed the cabinets. Reconfigured the bar, put in a new sink and tiled the back splash and top of the bar. Repainted the walls and ceiling of the kitchen. We didn't do new flooring. We will not be installing that, when the time comes for the flooring we will be calling the professionals!

There we some lessons that I learned during this process, 1st. Budget - What budget!!! 2. How to tile. I liked it! 3. With the right tools and www.diy.com the possibilities are endless!
Take a look at the before and after pictures. Really they are during and after pictures I wasn't thinking and forgot to take actual before pictures. You can really see the difference in the stain colors in the last two pictures. What we thought would take 2 weeks ended up taking 6. But who's counting!

2 comments:

Wendi F said...

Your kitchen looks fabulous! I love the changes.

mikki said...

Looks great...When can you come to my house!!!